Thursday, September 22, 2005

IT'S BEEN ONE WEEK TODAY!!!

One week and I've lost 19 lbs. I am so pumped. I'm not losing too fast considering what I've had done and the amount I need to lose. Right on target.

I go to the Doctor (surgeon) on Monday for my post-op and hopefully to be released to drive and to start using my stationary bike and Crossbow (same as Bowflex).

I take my vitamins (chewable Flintstones Plus / YUMMY!!) and my chewable Caltrate twice a day. I've bought some high protein drinks that were recommended to me and they taste pretty good. They aren't cheap, but I'm not eating alot anymore so that will cut down on our grocery bill.

Protein, vitamins and water are the three most important things for people who have had this surgery. Protein is very important so your hair doesn't fall out.

Well, I'll let you know more later.

PS. Remember a friend of who is going to have her gastric by-pass in the morning. She is being cut open to where mine was laproscopic. Please pray for her. Her name is Pam and her surgery time is at 11:00 am, Friday, Sept. 23rd.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A huge CONGRATS to the eldest Fat Kat!!!! I'm proud of you! rg

MarylandMommy said...

Glad to hear things are going well for you.

Praying for your friend.....

Anonymous said...

Hey, how did Pam do? What are the name of the protein drinks you are taking, where do you get them, and how much do they cost? rg