Thursday, February 16, 2006

Last May I had surgery on my neck. I had a ruptured disk and they went in thru the back and just shaved off the piece that was giving me problems. Before I had the surgery the disk was pinching nerves that ran thru my left arm and into my left hand causing my thumb, index and middle fingers to go numb. I tried going to the chiropractor before to see if that would help, but it didn't because I think I had waited too long to seek treatment and ended up having surgery. The Surgeon told me that there was no guarantee that it wouldn't happen on the other side. WELL, it has!! My right arm is doing exactly as the left arm did. The surgeon also told me that if they had to go back in to get the rest that they would have to go in thru the front, instead of thru the back of the neck like they did in May, and take out the whole disk and fuse those two vertebrae together. I DON'T WANT TO GO THERE!!!!
I decided to try the chiropractic approach again and this time I am attacking it sooner so I don't already have nerve damage yet. I went Tuesday for my first adjustment and I went today for my second, BUT............. before I had the adjustment I made an appoinment with the Massage Therapist and I had my very first massage.
I WAS IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! With it being my first time, I just went for the 30 minute back massage. OH MY GOSH!! I am hooked. I am going to start next month having a one hour massage once a month along with a monthly adjustment. I am PRAYING that this is going to fix things for me. I don't want anymore surgeries for a long time if ever again!!!

3 comments:

prftpeace said...

I'll stand in agreement with you that you will NOT need surgery

Anonymous said...

You know Vic..if I were over there I would cut you a deal on the massage theraphy. (i'm certified you know.)I just can't transfer my Kansas certification to Ga. its stinks cause school was really a lot of time and work and its something I've always wanted to do. anyway I have the table and all so maybe I can give you one on a visit or something.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Land part rover vintage Side affects of the medicine allegra