Monday, April 14, 2008

GAITHER'S HOMECOMING CONCERT!!



Danny was BLESSED with two tickets to the Gaither's Homecoming Concert for Christmas by Crystal & D,and I was HONORED to be the recipient of the second ticket.
We left home at 4:30 in order to get there, find a parking place and find our seats before the concert started at 6:00pm. The place started filling up really fast and I have to say that I wasn't the only one there with SILVER hair!!! There were also quite a few of those silver haired folk there that use Clairol also. There was also alot of the younger crowd as well that like this Southern Gospel Music. I saw quite a few people we know and go to Church with and even some of those younger married folk that I've know known since they were in diapers . We even ran into one of Danny's first cousins and his wife that we only get to see once a year at reunions. So cool.
Before we got there I was a little concerned with where I seats were. I haven't been to a concert in a while and I'm not able to climb those stairs like I use too and I am a little leary of heights. I have to say that Crystal did AWESOME with the seats. We were on the front row of the balcony, right in front of the stage. They also had these wide screens up everywhere so you didn't miss anything. THANKS again C&D a 1000 times!!!
It was an AMAZINGLY AWESOME Concert. We didn't leave there till after 10:30pm. The only negative to the whole night was the walking you have to do to go from your car to the arena, find the potty, seats, snack bar, seats, potty, seats, sit with your knees folded for 4 + hours and then back to the car. I have osteoarthritis in both hips and knees so therefore there is no cushion in my joints and by the time we got back to the car my body was SCREAMING!!!!! We made it home a little after 11:00, got a quick snack so I could take some pain med and hit the sack. Danny woke me up around 7:00am to get ready for Church and I could not hardly walk to the bathroom. I told him there was NO way I would be able to make it so I took some meds and went back to bed. I slept till after 12:00pm. I HATE missing Church and Sunday School. I just started a new class last Sunday so I missed the second lesson. SHUCKS!! Some things you just can't help. I did make it to Church last night though.
Even after all that the good totally out-weighs the bad. I would do it again in a heart beat. AWESOME Concert!!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Yea, I'll do the "Big Reveal" once it is finished because right now it is Ky's old room that I put her stuff in. I still want to paint and do all that GIRLY stuff. LOTS TO DO!! But at least now from the blanket on the chair you can see which one I picked :)

As far as Walgreens goes they can pretty much suck it because everytime I go they have to call a manager up there because of something the computer wouldn't let happen...seriously EVERYTIME! It has to be a REALLY good deal for me to mess with their reward dollars because they expire sooner and there are alot of "RULES" to their ECB's that you don't know till it happens cause nothing is written on those things but Lord do they have a list of them. GRRRR....

I heart CVS

~Crystal~ said...

Please blog! I came over & took pictures!