Friday, February 06, 2009

Appreciating It All

Growing up in the South, I never realized just how special it was. Once I moved away to the West coast & then come back it was like seeing life with blinders taken off. Especially when it comes to the wildlife, plants & trees. The first Spring I was back, I remember seeing certain buds on tress I had never noticed before. I took on a complete new appreciation for things I had grown up seeing. One of my favorite things to see, is an old homestead out in a field, with several larger than life Oak trees standing guard over the place. Now that is my kind of home. It's exactly the place I dream of living, raising babies & enjoying my grandchildren. I just wish those old stately Oak trees could talk & tell of all the people that have passed under their branches.

No comments: