Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Finally putting her to REST!!!

I have been sewing since I was 10 years old. I have made alot of Crystal's Easter dresses when she was little with matching Easter baskets, I have made wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, prom dresses, flower-girl dresses, Christening Gowns, baby clothes, doll clothes, bathing suits (men and women) slip covers for furniture as well as for equipment and game boards, purses, diaper bags, costumes (many of these), custom made curtains, bedspreads, dovet covers, linens, cushions, pillows, lamp shades, tote bags, suit-cases, bible covers, table clothes, night gowns, housecoats, dolls, stuffed animals. I have repaired all kinds of things from replacing zippers in jeans to coats, hemmed jeans to wedding gowns, altered wedding gowns to mens suits. I have even done free-hand monogramming. You name it, I've done it. This use to be my passion, but..............for some reason it no longer is. I am burned out I think. I almost despise it. I have 22 slip covers to make for the bus for our Senior Citizens at Church and when that is finished and a few other alterations I have already got promised are taken care of, She will be put to sleep until the urge hits me again.

I'm not saying Good-bye to Her, just See-ya-later!!

3 comments:

Shionge said...

If ever you want to let it 'sleep' I know some antique collectors is dying to have your little sewing machine :)

Take a break Vickie :D

Vickie said...

Hey Shionge! Sorry but I can't part with Her. We've spent too many hours together. She will be handed down someday. I'm not doing away with Her, just setting her aside for a long, well deserved vacation.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Vickie, please take a little rest now but come the end of September and beginning of October there's a wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses that may have to be altered. But after that, you can rest as long as you like!!! Love, your favorite bride-to-be neice, Laurie