Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My New Adventure!!!

I am in the process of possibly having a 'Tummy-Tuck'. I went to see the plastic surgeon in April and had my evaluation exam and headless Glamour shots made. heheThey told me that I would have to have my other doctors (the one who did my gastric by-pass, my GYN and my General Practitioner) opinion on whether they think that I really need this or not. I was in the process of finding me a new GP and with D (son-in-law) having his back surgery, I sorta put things on the back burner. I've been watching a new show on TLC called BIG MEDICINE and it has made me decide to go forth and bring it to the front burner and get the balls rolling once again.

My GP did a complete blood work up and he said that it was PERFECT!!! I fell AMAZING! I haven't lost any more weight since Christmas but I have lost inches. I work out on my Cross-Bow (Bow-flex competitor) and I ride 2 miles on my bike, 3 or 4 times a week plus my floor stretches (which I LOVE). I don't really care if I lose anymore weight or not. My thing is this sagging skin on my belly. They call it a Apron. I want it gone. With that done I will be able to buy pants that fit better.

I went today to the surgeon who did my by-pass and he gave me a THUMBS UP on the surgery. He said that I was doing AWESOME and to keep up the good work. He wasn't concerned with me losing more weight either. If I do , fine, if I don't , fine!!

Tomorrow I go see my GP to get his opinion and next Tuesday I have an appointment with my GYN to get his. From there it will be up to the insurance company to see if and what they will cover. I'm hoping for a speedy Y E S !!!!!!!

I am so EXCITED!!!!!

5 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Yay! Mom!!!! How incredible!

Staci said...

That is exciting! They will cut your belly button off and make you a new man made one! I think that is so cool. LOL. My belly button is very small- even the nurses told me that after I had Chloe that I had the smallest belly button! Congrats on all the weight loss. that is awesome!

Nicole said...

So whats your total weight loss so far??? You look amazing!

Vickie said...

THANKS you guys!!!

I have lost 130 lbs.

He told me that he could possibly take off as much as 14 lbs from my belly.

14 lbs may not sound like alot but when you go to the grocery store, pick up 14 lbs of potatoes and see how heavy it is. Especially toting it around 24/7. Every little bit helps.

Shionge said...

This is great and you are so brave & positive Vickie :D

As it is now....stay healthy is also important and with your doctor guiding you I'm sure you are on the right track :D