Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Staci's Challenge!!


Staci gave out a challenge and I decided to participate. She asked for the most UNIQUE (being the only one of its kind; being without an equal; unparalleled) thing in our Home. I have a lot of unique things in my home including ME but... she said that it could not be a person so I had to look for the most unique thing. Well this is what I choose: A 'Columbian Leg-Vise'!!! Not everyone has one of these laying in their bedroom floor.
A Leg-Vise is a blacksmith tool. It is one of the most important tools in the blacksmith shop. It firmly holds hot iron while it is being hammered, chiseled ot twisted. This particular one belonged to my husbands Grand-daddy, who was a blacksmith.

3 comments:

Staci said...

So what is a leg vise?

Thanks for playing!!!!

Jenny said...

What do you do with it? Huh?

Gretchen said...

Cool. I luv things that are passed down. Thanks for the explaination, too