Sunday, January 22, 2006

GOD IS SO STINKIN' AWESOME!!!!

God is so awesome! You never know when or how He will have you ministers to others.
As many of you know, I am a seamstress and have been sewing for 40+ years. Now I only do few alterations and repairs for a Cleaners in Pelham. I can't sit at my machine for very long because of my knees. Well anyway, God sent me a project.
Mahammad (the little guy who owns the cleaners) called me and said that he had some work for me. When I get there to get the work, it was 4 blanket throws, that look like fake leather-suede with the fake sheepskin on the back. There are two buckskin and two chocolate colored. So Mahammad told me that the customer wanted me to stitch them together to make them bigger. With there being two different colors we both took it that he wanted the two of the same color stitched together and come out with two large throws instead of four small ones. Three days after I took them back he calls me to tell me he has more work for me. Crystal is with me because we are on our way to Wally World and so we stop by the Cleaners on the way. Mahammad comes out with the throws and said that the customer wanted me to take all four throws to make one big one. He then said, " They are going on the floor for the DIRTY Girls to dance on." I said "WHAT!". Mahammad said, "In Birmingham, at the Furnace! The DIRTY Girls are going to dance on it." Crystal said, "You mean the Strippers?" Mahammad said," yes."
My first thought was of disgust, then just as soon as that thought entered another pushed it aside of, WOW!!! What a time to minister! God wanted me to do this job and pray over it. I felt so PRIVILEDGED!!! God gave this to me. Crystal and I were excited about it. I can't remember when it came to me, if it was while we were at Wal-Mart or when but God showed me this throw/rug at the alter of our church having hands layed on it and alot of people praying over it. I get chill bumps thinking about it now. I called Mark Sims at home that evening and shared this with him and he said, "Hey! I'm with ya! Yes, bring it to church Sunday night and we'll do just that!"
I got it all put together and while I'm sewing I'm praying over it and I can vision the girls that will be stripping on this throw/rug and I can see conviction on them. Tonight I took it to church with me and after service Mark called all the MC's up on the alter (I guess about 70 or more of them) and he shared the story about this thing to them and they were pumped. I saw their eyes pop and they were ready for war-fare!! He rolled it up and they passed it over their heads like you would a person at a concert and they all got to touch it and pray for it as it passed up over them and then back down again. GOD is so stinkin' AWESOME!!!!! I know, that I know, that I know, that GOD is going to use this Item for His good!! WOW!!!!!!
Lord, I also ask you that not only for the girls that will be dancing on this rug to be touched by you but for every person that LAYS AN EYE on this rug to be put under conviction and they follow that conviction either to You or back to You! I pray that there are going to be many salvations come from this. Maybe even the Furnace get closed down also. God, You have a plan and only You know Your plan. I pray that Your WILL be done thru this. Thank you Father for allowing me to be a part of this! MY GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!!!!!!

4 comments:

prftpeace said...

I remember a time when Mary C and some other women decided to lay hands on the windows of a night club in Alabaster/Pelham called Glenda's and pray that it go out of business! Anyone remember that place?? Only time I remember it is when I hear something like this. It's been gone for a while now...ever since the women prayed...I believe the same thing can happen to The Furnace!

~Crystal~ said...

You've been tagged...go to my blog & read the post Pet peeves for instructions.

Nicole said...

thats neat.

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen!!! dd