Friday, January 27, 2006

"GOD"

I've started reading the Bible thru again but I always have a problem being able to just read it thru without studying it. I love the footnotes and I can start off trying to just read thru and I will wind up in a different book, chapter and verse before I know it.
This is a footnote that I have highlighted in my Bible and I read it alot. I think it is so awesome that I wanted to share it with you all.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
(footnote): GOD, Eternal- The first verse of the Bible simply presents us with God. The rest of the Bible is an expansion on the theme of who God is, what He is like, and what He is doing. God has no beginning-He is eternal; He is without beginning and without ending. He brings about the beginning of all else through His power as Creator. The eternity of God is difficult for the human mind to understand since we are so rooted in time. Eternity is not simply unlimited time, forever extending backwards and forwards. Eternity is another dimension of existence and belongs solely to God. Time itself is a creation of God. Time is the experience of a succession ofevents and experiences for a created being. God existed in the dimension of eternity when He had not created time. As eternal, God stands above time just as He stands above matter and persons whom He also has created. But He may also choose to interact with persons or things within time. In this passage, we see the beginning of all things, but not the beginning of God, for He was already living when time came into being. If God had a beginning, He too would be a creature, and we would want to worship the one who brought Him into existence. We human creatures cannot explain the existence of God. His existence will always be a mystery to the human mind.

No comments: