Saturday, November 17, 2007

Collecting Stuff

It always amazes me at what people enjoy collecting. I think it tells alot about a person. I collect several different things...Anything Lucille Ball, retro, milk glass, old dishes, Christmas ornaments & now Willow Tree figurines.
My Mom collects...teapots, stuff with mice, books, Christmas village things & cherries.
D collects anything Superman.
D's Mom has so many collection, that I had to quit keeping count.
My cousin Laurie, collects John Deere stuff, purse & pen (which both of those seem to run in the family).
Then there are those, that collect sports memorabilia or movie memorabilia.
I think it's neat to go to someones home & see their collections displayed with such pride.
It seems that once I know of someones passion for something, any time I see an item that pertains to whatever it is, I always think of that person. I don't know how often people say they think of me, when they see something Lucy. It always makes me smile. Years ago, my Aunt Renee's kitchen was decorated in geese. Anytime I see them now I think of her.
I found this pretty cool site that offers all kinds of memorabilia, from sports to movies. Here's just a sampling of what they offer...








As you can see they have so many things to choose from.I'm that there is sure to be something for all collectors.

No comments: