Tuesday, May 17, 2005

'MAHAMMAD'

I've been doing alterations for a Dry Cleaners in Pelham called, The Royal Valet, for the past 7-8 years. I have now working with the 3rd owner and they have been there for about 4 yrs. now. They are Mahammad (whom I call Mo-Mo) and his wife Julie, from Pakistan. Mo-Mo told me that everybody calls her Julie because her real name is too hard to pronounce. Mahamad is a HOOT. He cracks me and Crystal up with the things he says and the jokes he tells. Mo-Mo always has a joke for you or if your sick, he always has a cure.
Today I got Daniel to go to Mahamad's to pick up some work he had for me. Mo-Mo will call me and say, 'Vickie, come on o-vair. I have lots of wo-ik fo' you!' When D got back with the alterations there was something I needed to get some instructions on from Mo-Mo. We were talking and Mo-Mo told me that one of them was a re-do because the first time I did it his wife had marked it wrong. I told him 'Sure, Mo-Mo. Julie gets blamed for all your short-comings.' He said, 'Last nite I cuss my wife out.' He said, 'I cuss and cuss at her picture and when she get home, I was a pussy-cat.'
He somehow brought Danny into the conversation and was saying something about drinking beer. I said, 'Danny has never tasted beer, Mahammad. He has never even tasted coffee.' Mo-Mo said,' Tell Danny, Jejus (Jesus) drank coffee so it's ok he drink coffee.'
One day, I went by there and there was a guy in there and Mo-Mo said, 'Hey Vickie. I want you to met my brother, Mike.' I said 'Mike? How did he come up with the name like Mike and you got Mahammad?' He said, 'I have three brother and we all name Mahammad. You go home, call Danny, Mahammad!'
You will be hearing many more stories of Mahammad, some old, some new. Maybe I can get a picture of him.

4 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

I love him, he's so cute!

Anonymous said...

I've met him too, he is CRAZY! ~Amber

Nicole said...

never tasted coffee?

Staci said...

That is funny. More stories please!