Friday, May 06, 2005

This is Richard H. Vance, my Dad's father. Anyway thats what the name was he went by.His real name was Clarence Howard Richards. There were 3 brothere who came from Liverpool, England. One of them went to California, one went to Maine and the third one, well, I was told they don't know where he went. My grand-father was a decendent of the one who went to Maine. His fathers name was Samuel Richards and his mother was Merle Richards. She was a full-blooded Passamaquoddy Indian. They are a tribe of Indians that lived in the north-eastern corner of Maine. Before he married my grand-mother he was married to my grand-mother's sister. He also has children by her as well as my grand-mother. Daddy use to say that he was his own grand-paw. My grand-mother's name was Maggie Ellen Grey and her sister was Maude. We also have in our Ancestry lineage: King Richard I (Richard Plantagenet) known as Richard The Lion-Heart, President Zachery Taylor and Sir Walter Humphrey. Daddy also says that Black Bart (found in history books) was a relative as well.

Vickie

No comments: