Sunday, September 17, 2006

MY 55th Birthday and 1st Anniversary!!






Friday was my 1st Anniversary for my Gastric By-Pass. I have lost between 116 and 120 lbs, and I have gained a new freedom. No ,more panic disorder. It still raises its old ugly head at me sometimes thru certain situations but I am able to work my way thru it. After 10 years of dealing with it you learn the ropes and meds 'DO' help. Don't let anyone tell you they don't. They can always find one that will work for you. Just don't abuse them!



Yesterday Danny took me to the 'Heart of Dixie' Railroad Museum in Calera, Ala and we took a train ride. It was so much fun. It took us thru the backwoods of Calera. The weather was very pleasant and there was a nice breeze. From there we went to Cracker Barrel and ate a really nice meal. We LOVE Cracker Barrel. After we ate we went and parked ourselves in a couple of those nice rockin' chairs on their front porch and enjoyed watching the people coming in and out of the restaurant. Then we went on down to Wal-Mart and I got me a yummy watermelon and some yarn that they had in a clearance buggy (Crystal informed me about and I couldn't pass it up) to make me a shawl out of. That will be my present to me plus the fact that I refuse to cook today even though Danny keeps telling me how hungry he is!!

13 comments:

Vickie said...

For some reason Blogger will not post the pictures in the order I try to post. GGRRR!!! But anyway you guys get the picture. Thanks!
LOVE YOU ALL!!!

MarylandMommy said...

Hope you have a great birthday & super congrats on the weight loss!

Jenny said...

Wow. Look at you! Happy birthday!!! You are looking great!

Mel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Let's see- it is 9:22pm...I bet you are getting your birthday gift....maybe in your birthday suit!!


HAHAHAHAHA! "Oh NO she didn't"....OH YES I DID!! :)

~Crystal~ said...

You look great!!!!! I'm glad you took pictures of your day.

Gretchen said...

You look wonderful! Glad your birthday was a good day.

Gretchen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...

Have a happy birthday! You look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You look incredible!
Happy Birthday (a day late...sorry)!
I love you.
rg

Joel and Kristen Temple said...

Happy Birthday and you are lookin good! Yes, I definitely remember you and am happy to hear from you. Things are going well for us here in Africa.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Look at you sister! That is incredible! You don't even look like the same person. I'm very proud! Oh and belated Hyper-to-do! ~Amber

Kim's Life said...

Im Glad you had a wonderful day. congratulations on the weight loss.

Renee said...

Happy belated birthday .... And I have to say that you look amazing!
Your face lights up and you can tell you feel better! your my inspiration! thanks for sharing! hope you have a blessed day!