Monday, September 04, 2006

Our week-end with "MERCY"!!

Danny and I had the great pleasure of being able to have our Grand-daughter, Mercy, over to spend all day Saturday and then spend the night with us Saturday night. She is such a joy!
Danny went and picked her up Saturday morning. When he got back with her I was still asleep but not for long. I heard "WAKE-UP"! I turned over and there they stood grinning from ear to ear. I guess my day was to start whether I was ready or not.
We messed around the house for a couple hours, ate lunch, and while Mercy took her nap, I took a shower and got ready to go to the Petting Farm at Oak Mountain. Danny has been planning this for weeks.
After she got up, had a snack, we loaded up. On the way there Mercy spoke up, "Pappa! Don't take me home!" Danny didn't hear what she said, so I told her that we weren't taking her home, that we were going to see the animals.
We finally got to the petting farm and she was so excited. The only problem was, we got there 15 minutes before they closed. We weren't aware that they closed early on Saturday so we had a quick visit with all the animals. Mercy and Pappa had a great time. Dannt kept reminiscing back to the times he would bring Keith to the Petting Farm when he was little. We see so much of Keith in Mercy. It didn't take much coaxing at all to get her to pet the donkeys. She loved it. I think she petted everyone of them there. She even wanted to go into their corrals with them. We had a rushed visit but Pappa promised to bring her back one day when we could stay longer and maybe get to see more.
From there we went in search of the swings and slides. We found them and the swings were great but the slide was VERY tall. We only let her go down it twice with Danny climbing all the way up with her and me meeting her half way down. I'm too old for that. Nerves can't handle the though of her maybe falling over the side. This is why God gives babies to younger people.
After that we walked the nature trail and then down by the lake.
When we got back home, Mercy and I made some sugar cookies with sprinkles. That was fun.
Then I break out the play dought and play dough factory. We had a blast with that.
She spent the night with us and then we took her to church where we met up with Keith and Lindy. We hope that this is just the beginning of many more fun filled times with Mercy.

This would have been posted days ago but I have been trying to download pictures with it, but for some reason BLOGGER won't let me. GGGRRRRR!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FUN FUN! I'm glad she lives so close now and ya'll get to see her more. I even got to meet her the other day! She is a little doll! ~Amber