Friday, October 03, 2008

What Happened?

Oh, how grateful I am that the lure of drugs has never been something that I have had to deal with. I don't quite understand the fascination with them. But previously being in the ministry, I had to counsel people that had allowed this addiction consumed their lives. Many of them I knew from spending time downtown at some of the weekend hangouts. Wow, that was going on 10 years ago now. I do think of some of those people often. I wonder how their lives turned out. Did some go into drug rehabilitation? Did their lives change for the better? Did any of their lives end at the hand of wrong choices? I hope they all did make changes & are living full lives now. Even though I know the very sad reality that some never did see the light & left this world in complete darkness. It breaks my heart.

1 comment:

Staci said...

I have a friend who's son is in Teen Challenge, trying overcome drug addiction. Its so sad. I praise God too for sparing me from that temptation!