Saturday, May 13, 2006

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MAMA!!!


This is my MOM. She passed away on March 6, 1992. I miss her so bad. On Mother's Day it is traditional for women to wear corsages to church and according to tradition you have to wear a certain color. I always forgot what color I was suppose to wear, if it was suppose to be red or white. Every year I would have to call Mama to ask her. Finally one year she told me: "Vickie, if your Mother is alive you wear red and if your Mother is dead you wear white, but, you wear PINK because I am only half dead!" So here's to you Mama, "Happy Pink Mother's Day" because you are only half dead, dead to the flesh because you still live in my heart!!

5 comments:

MarylandMommy said...

Awwwww, this post brought a tear to my eye. Happy Mother's Day!

Renee said...

Awww that is so neat! I had tears in my eyes too! Happy Mothers Day to you Vickie! God Bless
Renee

Staci said...

Happy Late Mothers Day Vickie... I liked your story about your momma and the color of the corsages. I will remember that for next year.

Staci said...

She can use her bumbo seat from 3-18 months... so she will get good use out of it!!!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
» »