Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Panama City!!

What a great week we had in PC!! I went to Panama City, Florida with my friend Betty, her daughter Jamie and Jamie's two precious boys, Tres and Bryant. What cuties!!
We spent Tuesday on the beach and it was so nice. There was a lot of sea-weed in the water and on the beach but it didn't stop us from having a good time.
We buried Tres in the sand and watched Bryant spend most of his time in his little red wagon. He was not very fond of the sand or the water. Betty and I did a little reading while sitting there trying to dodge the sun under the umbrella. I am not a sun worshipper. All my life I have been one of those that burns immediately then am miserable the rest of the time on vacation. Betty sprayed me down with some high # sunblocker, (50 I think) and my right knee and right elbow still got burnt.
I love to sit on the beach at night.
We ate in some really great restaurants. My favorite was at the Back Porch in Destin. I had a oyster dish off the appetizer menu that was totally ORGASMIC!!!!!!!!!! Best oysters I have ever eat in my life. If you ever go, just ask for the 'Orgasmic Oysters' (I can't remember what they called them). YUMMO!! Hey Betty and Jamie! Let's go get some oysters!!!

If any of you out there are in the shopping mood and are looking for bargains, well then you need to take Jamie with you. She draws bargains like a magnet. I have never seen anything like it. Jamie, you can go shopping with me anytime Girlfriend!! She just walks up to a counter or rack and picks up an amazing clearance item and your still looking for the Clearance or Sale sign.
I did pick up on her skills a little though. I found me 3 pairs of jeans and two nice cotton blouses for $5.00 per item. Can't beat that.
We even found time to play a few games and watch a few movies. I also ate my first Dippin' Dots!! The sugar-free chocolate taste just like a chocolate fudgesicle. Very good.
Thanks Betty, Jamie, Tres and Bryant for such an awesome time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's Awesome!!

Jamie said...

We had so much fun with you 'Ms. Bickie!' I was waiting for you to post so I could post my captain hat pics! Ha! Go check them out!

~Crystal~ said...

You've just been tagged...Go to my blog to see what you have to do!

Nicole said...

you looked great tonight!!!