Monday, May 08, 2006






My Mom had an amazing green thumb. She could plant a popsicle stick and get it to bloom (well, almost)! After my Mom passed away I went thru her garden and took clippings of some of the plants that she had and planted them around my house. Such as hostas, hydrangeas, forsynthias (yellow bells) and some that I don't know what they are.
I have one behind my house that right now is absolutely GORGEOUS and I don't know what it is called. I think it must be related to Crepe Myrtle, which I absolutely adore. I am posting some pictures to see if any of you guys can tell me what it is. It blooms once a year, which is right now and when the blooms shed it looks like it has snowed underneath it. The trunk of it sheds pretty much all summer. Take a look and see if you can identify it for me.

5 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

I love this tree! I'd like to know what it is too. I need to plant some of it my yard.

Renee said...

I dont know hat it is but I promise I am comming to camp out on yours and crystals property it just looks so beautiful!! And when I leacve I am taking clipping from every bush and tree you have so i can make my place look like your in time!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not positive but it looks like
'Bridal Lace'. I would like to get
a cutting of it too. Janice

Anonymous said...

I like the new look. BTW I love that you call your comments teapots...for obvious reasons.

Sarah said...

That tree is beautiful!