Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Old Pictures

I love old pictures and the first two you will see coming up will be Danny's ancesters. The first one is of his grand-mother (his Dad's mother) and her family. All of her children, grand-children and great-grand-children called her Monnie.
The second picture is of his grand-daddy (his Dad's father) and his family. All of his children, grand-children and great-grand children called him 'Big Daddy'.
I think they are amazing and wanted to share them with you.
I think a traveling photographer use to travel around taking family portraits like this back then. I bet they probably charged maybe a dollar or so, maybe more maybe less. Maybe sometimes they may have done it for a good hot meal and someplace to spend the night.
If anyone has any knowledge of this please comment. I love to know these kind of things. It is so fascinating to hear about our country , heritage, ancestry and how things were done in those days.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

No comments: