Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Busy Holiday Week-end

Saturday morning Crystal and I went to Andrea Petras' funeral. Very emotional. Saw alot of people I haven't seen in years. After the funeral Micheal Young, Crystal and I went to Helena in search of their Fresh Seafood Market. We finally found it and I bought 3 lb. of their medium size shrimp. Saturday night we had a couple of our really good friends, Deb and Mike Acton come over for dinner. I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, ford-hook limas and iced tea for dinner. Deb brought a couple of Mrs. Smith's ready to bake peach pies and peach ice cream to top them with. Crystal and Daniel came over and joined us for dinner. After we ate and cleared the table Deb, Crystal, Daniel and I sat around the table to play Scattergories. After about 9 rounds of that we played a game my Mom taught me years ago called: If I were, I would. I laughed so hard my side still hurts. Sunday evening my Aunt Mary Helen and Jeanette came by to eat with us and I baked a couple whole chickens and made a tub of old fashioned macaroni salad. Crystal and Daniel joined us. Monday, Crystal and Daniel came over and we cooked out and they cooked pork chops, steak, Italian sausage, hotdogs, and salmon steaks. I fried 3 pounds of fresh shrimp and we fried Bread and Butter pickles. We ate left-over mac salad, oh yeah and while everything was cooking we had shrimp cocktails. Later that evening Crystal and I went to see the fireworks in Montevallo and then a late night stop to Wal-Mart for some zippers. Today it hit me. I was whooped. I didn't get up till almost 2pm and I've even had a cat nap. I'm still tired. I din't cook tonight and may not cook for the rest of the week. I think I'm just gonna send Danny to Crystal's for supper the rest of the week. How did ya'll spend your week-end?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I think its crystal's turn to cook for you!