Wednesday, July 06, 2005


This is my Aunt Mary Helen Shackelford, better known as Aunt Murhulen. She is my Dad's baby sister who was married to my Mom's brother. Her three boys are my double first cousins. She was here from Texas visiting a friend of hers that she stayed in contact with since high school and she and another friend of hers, Jeanette, came by on their way back to Texas and ate supper with us. I haven't seen her in about 6-7 years. I was so good seeing her. I hated to see them leave.
Vickie

2 comments:

Staci said...

I already told Crystal, but I have an Aunt Mary Helen too- but we call her Aunt Murhulen, when I was a kid, I thought that her name was Murhelen.... not Mary Helen... we still call her that, instead of MARY HELEN.... she is actually my great aunt- my paw paws sister...

Vickie said...

We call her Aunt Murhulen also. It wasn't until right before my Mom passed away that I found out that her name was actually Mary Helen and not Murhulen. That is too funny that you call yours Aunt Murhulen as well.