Monday, July 11, 2005

Dennis brought mystery house guest!

Last night about 10:30 Danny went to bed and I had settled in for a evening of watching movies and flipping to the news every now and then to keep an eye on Dennis. About 5 after 11:00pm there was a loud pop and the power went out. When the power goes out on this mountain you cannot see your hand in front of your face so I'm fumblin' around trying to locate the flashlight that Danny said he had for me. He finally comes to me with his and we light some candles, open all the windows and doors and load everything perishable into the deepfreeze where I had put several bags of ice I bought and some I bagged myself. Around 2:30 we decide to blow out the candles except for the one in the bathroom and lay on the bed where there was a nice cool breeze blowing and try to get some sleep. We finally fall to sleep when all of a sudden I hear this bam-bam-bam! I turn and quietly wake Danny and told him what I heard and we were listening when it happened again, but louder and more of it. Heck I thought somebody was tearing the front door down. He gets his flashlight and starts thru the house and I notice he stops by our bath and says, 'come here'! I get my light and go to where he is and it starts doing it again and it is coming from the bathroom. What ever it is , is under my garden tub. It starts whining like a dog and you can hear it breathing. It starts bamming again and then we hear it growl. We have a trap door right there that goes to the water pipes that if it gets knocked down, heck, that thing whatever it is will be in my house. We search for something heavy to set in front the door hoping that our house guest will decide to exit the way it came in. We brought in the two cases of water and set it in front of the door and as we are standing there, we can hear it breathing. This is no mouse, rat, cat or dog. We aren't sure what it is. All we know is that it's not welcome in this place. It finally gets very quiet so we thought that maybe it is all tuckered out and asleep or it left. We decide we have the problem solved and go back to bed. Around lunch Danny goes out with his spot light to look around to see if he can tell what it was and how it got in there, but comes back not knowing anymore than when he went out. We then go to the bathroom and procede to open the door with me holding the light and Danny slowly opening the door ready to slam and run. Yeah right, ME RUN (ha-ha-ha). I guess I would just take my chances and hope that I could make it to the closet and lock myself in. Well we didn't find a thing. Our unexpected, unwelcomed guest decided to vacate on its own.

5 comments:

prftpeace said...

How do you know it wasn't a dog????

When we left your house last Saturday night we saw a coyote crosing the street heading your direction....we told him he would find a good meal there---maybe he decided to visit.

Nicole said...

Man I kept reading b/c I wanted to know what it was... i'm disappointed... WHAT WAS IT!!!?!!!

Vickie said...

I think it was my little raccoon buddy. We've seen him outside our bedroom window at night stting on top of Danny's riding lawn mower trying to get into the trash can. I think I've seen him another time or two.

Vickie said...

Hey Esther! I'm not too sure. I've never got to know first hand how they are. I think that they have to be trained from babies to be tame and friendly. I think they can be pretty mean if they are harrassed.

MarylandMommy said...

You had me on the edge of my seat!!! Scary!!!! Great blog!!!