Friday, June 24, 2005

AN AMAZING YOUNG WOMAN

During this time I've been down from my surgery and laying around, I have been praying from God for a FRESH FIRE, like when I first got saved. I'm glad he didn't hit me with it all at once, because, Buddy, it's heavy stuff. Refreshing but heavy. I have a very special personal relationship with my Heavenly Father. But here lately it has been a little dry. I've been in the desert for a pretty long while and it is past time for a FRESH drink of water and a FRESH FIRE. I don't know if all of you have been reading Maria's blog: http://www.spanishlady.blogspot.com, but for those of you who haven't please do. She is one amazing young woman. I cannot read her blog without tears in my eyes. Christ is using you, Maria, to kindle my fire. Her last post was titled 'The Cross'. AMAZING!! 'In Mark 8:34-38 Christ telling the crowd to take up the cross and follow him.' When you do, be prepared. To follow him into unchartered territory knowing only that you are being lead by Him and He is all you need to lean on. Cross-bearing is a willingness to suffer and die for the Lord's sake. PRAISE YOU, FATHER!!! I thank you for Maria!

5 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

That's awesome Mom! You have needed some Fresh Fire for a llllloooonnnggggg time! :)

Nicole said...

Glad you're back!! I wanted to come by and visit but I have had Zac for the last 2 weeks... I didn't think you wanted a house full of kids :)

Vickie said...

Thanks Nicole! You're right, I wouldn't have wanted a house-full, not then anyway.

Maria said...

Hey Ms Vicki,
I don't know what to say, but thank you for being so encouraging. I really appreciate it, big time.
Thanks again,
Maria

Maria said...

thank you for praying for me. It has been a rough day. When I saw your prayer I couldn't describe the feeling that came over me it was peaceful. Thank you.