Thursday, June 09, 2005

Surgery

I have pre-op tomorrow at the Neurosurgeons and at the hospital. My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, June 15th at Shelby Medical Center.
As for you who do not know, I have a ruptured disk in my neck that is pinching a cluster of nerves that affects my left arm and hand. I already have nerve damage in my thumb, index finger and middle finger on my left hand.
They will be during the surgery from the back of my neck to chisel away some of the vertebrae and disk to relieve the pressure on the nerves. The damage I have may be reversed but not guaranteed but this will keep me from having any futher damage.
I will give more info after my appointment tomorrow.
I'm asking that everybody pray that God will direct the surgeons hand and anyone else that will be taking part in this whole process. I don't want a floppy head.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Thank you God for a smooth operation and quick recovery!

Nicole said...

I'll def. be praying... don't worry you'll be fine!

~Crystal~ said...

You'll be fine...I just won't let Danny take care of you...He brings you empty glasses to drink.