Friday, June 10, 2005

Pre-op

I went today for pre-op. I had a 10:30 appointment with the neurosurgeon and they did a check up and answered any questions I may have. I asked him if I would be laying on my stomach or my side since they will be going in thru the back of my neck. He said neither. That I would be sitting up. "WHAT!" I asked if I would be asleep and he told me yeah, that they have all kinds of apparatus. Well OKIE DOKIE then. My sister in law had this same surgery done 2 years ago, but they went in thru the front of her neck and took the whole disk out and fussed the two vertebrae together. She had to wear a collar for 2-3 months. That was one of the options I had but I chose the other and I won't have to wear a collar, but there is a slim chance that they may have to go back later and do that, but hopefully not. I then had to be at the hospital at 1:30 for the paperwork, bloodwork and ekg. I love to watch them take blood from my arm. I think anything medical is fascinating. I will have the surgery sometime next Wednesday, the 15th and spend one or maybe two nights.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know what I can do to help.
OK? I could get off if needed. Love you! Beth
I didn't put my last name, hope you remember me! HA!

Anonymous said...

Go girl. I will be thinking of you on Wed. and praying for this surgery and the next one too.
Love ya