Monday, June 13, 2005

To Clarify!!!!

This Wednesday morning I am going into Shelby Medical Center (I have no problems with Shelby), to have surgery on my neck. I have a ruptured disk where you neck connects onto your shoulders. They will be going in and removing some disk and vertebrae to relieve the pressure on the nerves that are being pinched that run down my left are and hand. I will probably be in the hospital for one maybe two nights.
Now, since the can of worms has been opened and spilled out all over creation, YES, I am going to go see the surgeon on July 8th for a CONSULTATION to see if I am a good candidate to have the GASTRIC BY-PASS surgery. Remember, I said, CONSULTATION!!
If he says yes, I AM going to have it done. At Shelby. I don't know yet if I am having it and so therefore I don't know when I will be having it, BUT if Doc says YES, then I WILL. OK?????????
Everyone that knows me and loves me knows that I have lost a great amount of weight in the past and if you were watching and have listened to me also know that the way I took it off was by STARVING, EXCESSIVE EXERCISE, DIET PILLS and CORRECTOL. YES, I was anorexic. I took correctol everyday for 2 solid years. I started out taking one a day and by the end of the two years I was taking 10 correctol a day. I lost a total of 165 lbs. in 11 months. I kept it off for more than two years.
I have a hard time losing weight now because I have a dead thyroid and am on 2 thyroid medications, I have no cartlidge in my knees, I have osteoarthritis in my knees and hips so therefore it is impossible for me to get out and walk. I'm doing good buying groceries. I have been dealing with panic disorder for the past 5-6 years which makes me a recloose and no I don't pick and choose where I want to go, I go where I can, when I can. The panic disorder is getting better but it rears its head on me sometimes when I least expect it. I know for those of you that have never had it don't understand. Research it. I'm a classic case. For me to lose the amount of wieght that I need to lose I would have to starve myself to death and I refuse to do that. I have tried Weight Watchers (numerous times), Fen-fin, Dr. Vitkins, Physicians Weight Loss, High Protein, Low fat, counting calories, Overeaters Anonymous, I have every diet book written in my library, grapefruit diet, and cabbage soup diet just to name o few, so HELLO!! If its out there I've tried it. I drink slim-fast every morning for breakfast and I have for years. In my case it should be called fat-fast.
I am posting this to let everybody know what my choice is. NOW, if you love me, you will respect my decision and support me with encouraging words or KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF!! If you can't make a positive comment, don't make one at all unless you have the kahoonas enough to not comment anonymously.
This is not a sudden decision on my part. It has been well thought out, researched, and most of all prayed over. My Lord and Savior has given me the most amazing peace over this because until this past month there was no way on this earth I would have ever thought of having such a radical, very freightening thing done to my body. I know now that it is time for me to step out on Faith knowing that my Heavenly Father has my life in his hands. I have totally surrendered my life to Him and now He is in charge of what the outcome is. He has healed me from heart disease and He has raised me from a death bed and He didn't do it for nothing. He's not through with me yet. Hallelujah!!! Praise Jesus!! He is Faithful and True.
JESUS IS LORD!!!!!

6 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Very Good Mom....I like what you wrote!

prftpeace said...

Any one that has a problem with that has a problem period.

If you are one that does have a problem with it.....take it to God in prayer---He can reach her---you can't. And that's the way it should be....she should follow HIS leading....not yours!

Nicole said...

um... did crystal tell you about the message I left on her machine?? It said "hey I think we should start a rumor that your mom is having the gastric surgery wednesday and not really the neck surgery" Well she and Daniel said they didn't hear all that and the only thing they heard was there's a rumor that you're having the gastric surgery... so just in case i've stirred something up... sorry! I was only kidding about the rumor thing :)

Well as far as the surgery is concerned I know 3 people that have had the surgery... some have gone good... some have had some complications but i'm not sure if they are b/c of this surgery or b/c of their prior weight.... whatever you decided i'll be supportive either way.

Sorry for all the drama over the last 24 hours I know it isn't helping you with what you're about to face tomorrow... love ya lady!

Jamie said...

Hey! You'll be in my prayers Ms. Vickie! I love you.

Vickie said...

Thanks guys, I love all of you!!
Sorry for all the drama.

Staci said...

Don't apologize for the Drama, it brings the Truth out!!!

I am praying for you as you go into surgery on Wednesday... please have Crystal blog for you until you can (like you did for her when she was sick... keep us posted you know?)

As far as the Gastric By-pass- Wow that is a big step! I know that the Lord's peace is nothing like our own, and if it does work out for you to have the surgery, he will help you each step of the way! Walking in Faith... Thank you for sharing, even if the worms were opened without being asked.

Love you Mama Vickie~!