Thursday, July 20, 2006

Mel's Challenge! Wednesday/Living-Room

Okie Dokie everybody! Here she is: my living room and is she ever lived in! YES YES YES!!
This is my NEST!! The big chair on the right is mine, the one with the blue neck pillow on the arm. So of course the other big chair is Danny's. We always sit in our own chair. Mine is more comfortable than his. He-He!! Notice the bottles of pain medication on the table by my big green mug. GOOD stuff!!
That doorway leads into our Master-suite.
Here we have two loads of laundry that has been thrown onto the couch but not yet folded. It will be before I go to bed though. There is also groceries on the table that has not yet been put away from our trip to Wal-Mart tonight.

The Curio was given to me for Christmas from Danny several years ago and the sewing machine was a Christmas gift from Danny as well, 2 or 3 years ago. The red and white bowl & pitcher that is sitting on the sewing machine was a graduation gift to me from my Aunt Bernice in 1970. My bedroom at that time was red and white. These are my most favorite things in my livingroom besides the three cherry platters on my mantle above my television.

11 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Just so everyone knows...I would fold her clothes for her, but I don't do it right.

Mel said...

i don't care how you fold my clothes..........it's 4 am and im still up because of someone.....and now am going to fold laundry

i like that big ol mug.....i want some of the ones you get at the hospital

dana said...

I am not sure if anyone told you what kegals was or if you were serious on that question, but if no one told you and you don't know ummm ask crystal, I don't think it would be a good idea to go into detail on a blog!!

Shionge said...

Now I know where you chill out in your living room Vickie!

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you for not letting Crystal fold your clothes! I can't stand for anyone to fold mine either! My mom is that way too. Runs in the family, I guess. Crystal somehow missed that gene. ~Amber

~Crystal~ said...

NO....I didn't miss that gene, I'm the same exact way. D doesn't even go near a pile a clothes, anymore. He tried a few times when we first got married, he learned his lesson real quick. I even had a "this is how we fold things" session with him....He just didn't get it. It was quite comical in the process.

It just wanted people to not say something about me not helping, ya know?

prftpeace said...

you've re-arranged again! Now you and Danny are sitting next to each other in your big, comfortable, chairs!!

MarylandMommy said...

Looks cozy! I love looking into other's homes. I posted mine this evening.

How is the hyster sister coming along???

Mel said...

If you truly don't know about Kegals I WILL BE GLAD TO EXPLAIN THEM TO YOU ON A BLOG!!!

dana said...

I wasn't trying to be mean, just thought you were playing around with the kegals thing, and I am not sure how graphic to get on a blog. Like I said, I wasn't trying to be mean, sorry if it came accross like that, I didn't know what kegals were till I took my lamahs class, so.... Ok sorry again.

Vickie said...

Hey Dana! I never thought you were being mean!

Mel-Mel! Yes, I want you to explain Kegels to me! hahaha
I know what you guys are talking about, just didn't know it had a name. You have to remember, I'm from the OLD school.