Thursday, July 20, 2006

UPDATE ON MY SURGERY!

Just want to thank everyone for all your thoughts and prayers last week as I went thru my hysterectomy and bladder tack. I was told that the hysterectomy was a tuffy. I don't remember a thing. Slept thru it all!! This was my 4th surgery in 13 months and I refuse to go under anesthesia for aleast another year or so and then it will be to have a tummy-tuck, leg-lift and boob job!!
I went in to the hospital Thursday morning at 9am, had surgery at 11am. Had only ice chips the rest of Thursday. Clear liquids all day Friday. Saturday morning they brought me a scrambled egg, small biscuit, 1/2 cup grits and two small slices of bacon. I ate that and drank a cup of juice. Danny came and they released me at 11am. As soon as I got home I went to weigh on my scales and I weighed 14.8 lbs. more than I did the morning of my surgery. HELLO!!!! I'm glad I didn't have to stay another day. I have lost it all back but 2 lbs. of it. MAN ALIVE!!! I couldn't believe it.
They told me not to lift anything heavier than a fork for 2 months. He-He!! I'm gonna milk that as long as I can. Well, sorta. I feel awesome right now. I want to clean this house, paint, sweep the front porch etc. etc. etc.................

Yesterday, Wednesday, I asked Danny to take me to run a couple errands since they told me I can't drive for several weeks, so after he got home and got cleaned up we headed out. First stop was to get my meds filled, second stop was to get Auzzie and Harriett some treats, then we decided to go to IHOP, since we had a buy one get one free coupon, and we also like it there. We went in and were seated and the little waitress came right over to take our order. We noticed there were several families there and a few couples came in right behind us. In all there was probably 8 tables to be waited on. As we were waiting on our food Danny said that he felt uncertain about the place tonight. We then noticed that three different people sent orders back after they finally got them. We waited a little longer and I asked our waitress what was going on and she said that they had a situation in the back. She then brings out my salad and I'm not kidding, it was rotten lettuce. Brown and slimmy! She set that down in front of me and the lady at the table ahead of us turned and looked at me and the salad. We both noticed it right off. I looked at her and said, "I'm not eating that!" She said, "I told you we had a situation in the back." The lady at the other table looked at me and said that she noticed that salad as it passed her and couldn't believe that she actually brought it to my table. That other couple and Danny and I got up and walked out. I don't know what was going on in there that night because we have eat there several times and have always got good food and service. That other couple said that they eat there all the time but they noticed that the usual people that normally run it weren't there.
We went to Johnny Ray's and got us a Bar-B-Que and some of those great big onion rings they call bracelets and it was GOOD!!!
From there we headed across to Wal-Mart for me to get a few things we needed and then we headed home. I really over did it. I was in the vertical position too long. Had to come home and hit the Horizontal again! (Did I get that right, Deb?) hahaha

Danny leaves in the morning to go to South Carolina with several other people to help Keith and Lindy load up and caravan back home to Alabama!! YEAH!! Can't wait to see my Mercy!! He'll be back sometime late Saturday night if everything goes according to plan. Say a prayer for them that they will have a SAFE journey!
Well that's enough for now. LOVE you all!!

3 comments:

Staci said...

Thanks for the comment and compliment. It was a fun night. I've never dressed up like Lucy before, and its been a long time since I've "dressed" up in a character - other than myself in a very long time.

Shionge said...

Hey Vickie, thanks for the update ...you did well. Take care.

prftpeace said...

Yep...you got it right this time!

I used to have a hard time remembering which was horizontal until I associated it with the horizon. Duh!

Can't believe you are already doing so much! It took me several weeks before I could leave the house and I was only 27 years old at the time!